I was driving home from work this afternoon, stopped in the third lane on I-95 due to traffic problems. I happened to look across the jersey barrier to the northbound side and glimpse this 53′ tractor trailer truck with a way cool multi-color design stating that it was Les Paul‘s 100 Birthday.
When I got home I looked it up on the Internet. I discovered that Les Paul’s Big Sound Tour was bound for the Hard Rock Cafe Foxwoods in Ledyard Connecticut. It will be on exhibit there June 17th and 18th.
Les Paul the father of modern music and the solid body electric guitar would have been 100 years old June 9, 2015. A special 100th Anniversary Celebration was held on June 9th at the Times Square Hard Rock Cafe in New York City. Rolling Stone Magazine covered this historic event.
(L to R) Journey’s Neal Schon, Joe Bonamassa, Johnny A, Warren Haynes, Steve Miller, musical director GE Smith, Joe Satriani and Steve Vai
The Les Paul Foundation is sharing his creativity, innovative spirit and love of sound in an intriguing mobile exhibit.
• Step into 1,000 square feet of entertaining and inspiring interactive experiences.
• Explore sound, music and technology innovations.
• Mix and share music.
• Discover Les Paul’s personal story.
• Experience Les Paul’s never-ending search for a unique musical sound.
• Learn from generations of musicians who call Les Paul their mentor.
• Witness how Les pushed the limits of audio technology.
• Marvel at the performing techniques that made Les Paul a legendary pop music icon.
• Enjoy live musical performances by local artists.
Take a look at the Les Paul Tour Calendar to see if this mobile tour is coming to a city near you this summer.