She is working toward a third act as a novelist, and her new book, “Year of the Monkey,” blends fact and fiction.
Sometimes I am late to the party when it comes to discovering musical groups. Such is the case with Jeff Magnum and Neutral Milk Hotel. I like how lo-fi indie groups create rich textural and sonic landscapes. This genre of music helps my intellectualism. Subsequently I process this sound engaged in new-found meaning and delightful interpretation.
I was thankful to stumble upon Jon Pareles NY Times article about Jeff Magnum’s concert at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. It has given me the opportunity to add Neutral Milk Hotel to my Spotify playlist today. So I sit in my home office this morning, witnessing the marvel of the snow falling across the cul-de-sac, back dropped by Neutral Milk Hotel.
- Jeff Mangum Auctions Tickets & Artwork for Occupied Real Estate (thrillcall.com)
- Watch Neutral Milk Hotel’s Jeff Mangum Perform at Occupy Wall Street Protest (pitchfork.com)
- Music Scavenger Says: Neutral Milk Hotel (wordsandothertragedies.wordpress.com)
Last night Van Halen played at Cafe Wha? in Greenwich Village for 250 people. I applaud them for igniting such a major excitement buzz for their 2o12 tour and their forthcoming album A Different Kind of Truth. The NY Times article, “Van Halen Delivers Big Nostalgia on a Small Stage” by James McKinley Jr. proved to be an insightful read for those of us who were curious about last night’s event.
I’m setting my sights on trying to get tickets for the Mohegan Sun March 3rd concert. Live Nation is handling the tour so I will need to use my account with them to purchase seats. I like that Kool & The Gang will be the opening act.
- New VAN HALEN Album To Be Titled A Different Kind Of Truth? (bravewords.com)
- Van Halen Rocks Cafe Wha? in New York City (noisecreep.com)
- Reunited Van Halen Prep A Different Kind Of Truth, Tour (stereogum.com)