Robert Plant and Alison Krauss will top a star-studded lineup for “Lead Belly at 125: A Tribute to an American Songster” on April 25 at the Kennedy Center.
Lead Belly is one of the mainstays of American folk music. A master storyteller through song, he (Huddie William Ledbetter) blended the sound of traditional folk with blues, work songs, and spirituals to create a body of music that ranks with the catalogues of Pete Seeger and Woody Guthrie, America’s other folk music stalwarts.
I love a beautifully sung duet, a musical composition for two performers. The sweet harmony of voices joined in unison, trading off song verses which enchants the music of our heart.
Willie Nelson recently released To All the Girls… a series of duets recorded by Nelson with prominent female country singers. The performers featured on the eighteen tracks of the album are Dolly Parton, Miranda Lambert, Loretta Lynn, Carrie Underwood,The Secret Sisters, Roseanne Cash, Sheryl Crow, Wynonna Judd, Alison Krauss, Melonie Cannon, Mavis Staples, Norah Jones, Shelby Lynne, Emmylou Harris, Lily Meola, Brandi Carlile, Tina Rose; and his daughter, Paula Nelson.
Congratulations Willie Nelson. According to Billboard Magazine he has extended his record for the most top 10s in the nearly 50-year history of Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart, as the duets “To All the Girls…” entered at No. 2, He also claims his best Nielsen SoundScan week and highest rank on the tally in 24 years, as the set starts with 43,000 sold. Willie Nelson has secured 46 Top 10 Country albums an amazing achievement for the 80-year-old Red Headed Stranger 🙂
Willie Nelson ‘To All the Girls…’ Track Listing:
1. ‘From Here to the Moon and Back’ feat. Dolly Parton
2. ‘She Was No Good for Me’ feat. Miranda Lambert
3. ‘It Won’t Be Very Long’ feat. The Secret Sisters
4. ‘Please Don’t Tell Me How the Story Ends’ feat. Rosanne Cash
5. ‘Far Away Places’ feat. Sheryl Crow
6. ‘Bloody Mary Morning’ feat. Wynonna Judd
7. ‘Always on My Mind’ feat. Carrie Underwood
8. ‘Somewhere Between’ feat. Loretta Lynn
9. ‘No Mas Amor’ feat. Alison Krauss
10. ‘Back to Earth’ feat. Melonie Cannon
11. ‘Grandma’s Hands’ feat. Mavis Staples
12. ‘Walkin” feat. Norah Jones
13. ‘Till the End of the World’ feat. Shelby Lynne
14. ‘Will You Remember Mine’ feat. Lily Meola
15. ‘Dry Lightning’ feat. Emmylou Harris
16. ‘Making Believe’ feat. Brandi Carlile
17. ‘Have You Ever Seen the Rain’ feat. Paula Nelson
18. ‘After the Fire Is Gone’ feat. Tina Rose