It’s a hefty claim that the music of 1968 was rock and roll’s greatest year. Time Life’s editors conducted an admirable job substantiating that belief.
The magazine has compelling photographs from premier rock photographers Jim Marshall, Barry Feinstein, Michael Ochs, Elliot Landy, Herb Greene, and Baron Wolman.
The 10 albums that defined that year are all a part of my vinyl collection and receive regular listening.
- Bookends – Simon & Garfunkel
- Odessey and Oracle – The Zombies
- Music From Big Pink – The Band
- Waiting For The Sun – The Doors
- Truth – Jeff Beck
- Wheels Of Fire – Cream
- Electric Ladyland – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
- Astral Weeks-Van Morrison
- The Beatles – The Beatles
- Beggars Banquet – The Rolling Stones