Gary Clark Jr. continues his logical ascension as a bluesman of authority. This blog post highlights two collectibles that I am eager to own.
1) Living Blues magazine current issue features Gary Clark Jr. as the cover artist and feature story. Living Blues was acquired by the University of Mississippi in 1983 and is published bimonthly by the Center for the Study of Southern Culture. In case you were not aware Living Blues was founded as America’s first blues publication in Chicago in 1970 and it remains our nation’s #1 blues magazine to this day!
When we get that Apple iPad Mini with Retina Display the goal is to digital subscribe to this publication of journalism excellence. A companion goal is to author a blues article for this illustrious magazine one day 🙂
2) Record Store Day 2013 Exclusive – “HWUL Raw Cuts Vol. 2” – 12” EP Colored vinyl – (1000 copies only)
I’ll be on the hunt for this vinyl specialty item. Wish me luck 😉
Over twenty minutes of music and performance mastery available for the first time in all of its analog glory. Vol. 2 features a blistering live performance of “When My Train Comes In” as well as a studio version of the track of his hit album, Blak And Blu. A beautiful crafted limited edition offering mastered at 45 rpm and cut by Bernie Grundman Mastering for maximum vibes.
- Jimmy Page, Gary Clark Jr. Featured In John Varvatos Fashion Campaign (wxrt.cbslocal.com)
- Austin honors the best at music awards (kxan.com)
- Gary Clark Jr Cleans Up At 2013 Austin Music Awards (noise11.com)