One of the aspects I love about New York City is that it is the entertainment capital of the world and its closeby. I keep meaning to hop a train to Grand Central Terminal on 42nd Street and walk over to witness as a star-gazer the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony. Its held every year at the Waldorf Astoria, Wouldn’t you just love to have been invited to this gala?
The performer Inductees are:
· Alice Cooper was inducted by Rob Zombie (White Zombie)
· Neil Diamond was inducted by Paul Simon
· Dr. John was inducted by John Legend
· Darlene Love was inducted byBette Midler
· Tom Waits was inducted by Neil Young
Ahmet Ertegun Award recipients (nonperformers):
· Jac Holzman was inducted by John Densmore (the Doors)
· Art Rupe was inducted by Lloyd Price
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Award for Musical Excellence (previously the Sidemen category):
· Leon Russell was inducted by Elton John
Rolling Stone Magazine had great reportage of the event, which includes photographs and video of the evening (provided by Fuse TV who will broadcast the event on Sunday March 20th). This is my favorite photo of the night.